Top 10 Richest Cricketers in the World
10. Yusuf Pathan: The power hitter Yusuf Pathan makes an appearance in the list at No. 10 with a net worth of $3.9 million.
9. Ricky Ponting: Australia’s most successful captain and two times World Cup winning captain has retired from International Cricket, but he still features in richest cricketers list with a net worth of $4 million.
8. Brett Lee: Next in the list is paceman Brett Lee. He is a famous face around the globe and is even seen in Indian TV commercials. Lee’s net worth is $5 million.
7. Michael Clarke: Ponting’s successor Michael Clarke features at No. 7 in the list with a net worth of $5 million.
6. Shane Watson: Another Aussie in the list is Shane Watson. His all-round ability makes him a very reliable and popular player for T20 format across the world. Shane Watson is at No. 6 with a net worth of $6 million.
5. Virender Sehwag: The swashbuckling Indian Opener is at No. 5. His attacking approach makes him a popular man in advertising world. Of the Total $7 million, Sehwag gets $4 million from endorsements.
4. Gautam Ghambhir: Next in the list is Sehwag’s opening partner Gautam Ghambir. In IPL 4 auction Ghambir was bought for a whopping $2.4 million. Gautam Ghambir’s net worth is $8 million.
3. Virat Kohli: At no. 3 Indian Gen Next sensation, tipped to be the next captain of Indian team Virat Kohli. Virat’s immense popularity amongst younger generation is a well-known fact. Known for his aggressive style, Virat earns $12 million of which $9 million comes from endorsements.
2. Sachin Tendulkar: Runners up in the list is the legend himself, Sachin Tendulkar. Emergence of Indian cricketers as Brand ambassador of products started with this man only. Even after his retirement Tendulkar earns $22 million with $18 million coming from endorsements only.
1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni: No guesses are needed to predict who is at the top. Its Team India leader MS Dhoni. Leading India to famous wins at 2007 T20 World Cup and 2011 50 over World Cup makes him a role model across India. MSD’s coming from a small town of India, goes very well amongst his fan followers. MS is the richest cricketer in the World with a net worth of $31.5 million and of the $31.5 million, MS earns $28 million from the brand endorsements.