Actor Rajendhra Prasad Win’s Over Jayasudha in Maa Elections
Comedy hero Rajendhra Prasad has won with a massive majority.This loss can be called as a major blow to four time MAA president Murali Mohan. Rajendhra Prasad suffered as main people of the Industry backed Jayasudha, but the election results proved the remaining artistes trusted Rajendhra Prasad more.After winning by as many as 87 votes on rival Jayasudha, Rajendhra Prasad spoke with media.
Few words from his speech:
- Lord Nataraja gave me new responsibiltes this day, I thank everyone who is responsible for our win.
- I thank media for telling the people at large everything as it happened.
- My win is dedicated to everyone who prayed for me, who voted for me, but only my honesty helped me win
- I will work with commitment, my five Pandava’s supported me throughout my journey
- I specially thank Shivaji Raja for backing me despite all problems he faced.
- This isa victory of common man, the common man trusted me.
- Naga Babu’s faith encouraged me to contest elections
- I will work for the common man and will support every MAA member
- Many people tried to defame and used foul words for me, despite this people recognised me and voted for me
- They thought I am Abhimanyu, but I proved that I am Arjuna.
Court Given Green Signal to Maa Poll Counting
The decks are cleared for the counting of votes for the election to the Movie Artistes Association (MAA).
The Nampally city civil court on Wednesday struck off a petition by actor O Kalyan, who challenged the election held on March 29. O.Kalyan approached court citing discrepancies in the MAA polls. He also demanded that MAA ex-president Muralimohan present the accounts of the expenditure incurred.The court, which heard all arguments, quashed the petition. It also imposed a fine of Rs. 10,000 O Kalyan for wasting the time of the court.
SHIVAJI RAJA WINS OVER COMEDIAN ALI
Movie Artistes Association (MAA) elections have showed the unexpected victory of minnows.Small time actor Shivaji Raja won as General Secretary over Star Comedian Ali. A huge ugly verbal spat between panels of Jayasudha and Rajendhra Prasad, depressed Shivaji Raja to an edge that he wanted to back of the elections. But as the deadline for withdrawing was over by, Shivaji Raja continued in the fray. After the win, Shivaji Raja spoke to media and thanked everyone who voted for his panel. He promised that he would fulfil the promises given to MAA members. He added that winning doesnt make us heroes, fulfiling our promises in these two years will only make us heroes. Only four people supported forming a panel for Rajendhra Prasad, all four won with a massive majority over their rival.
Actress Jayasudha is the first woman to contest for MAA elections and her team consists of Jayasudha – President, Tanikella Bharani – vice-president, Ali – General Secretary, Paruchuri Venkateswara Rao – Treasurers, Joint Secretaries – Senior Naresh, Raghu Babu. Jayasudha is being supported by Murali Mohan who was elected unopposed for three terms.
Rajendra Prasad Panel
Rajendra Prasad team – President – Rajendra Pradesh, Vice-president – Kalyan, General Secretary – Sivaji Raja, Treasures – Chakrapani, Joint Secretary – Bhoopal, Uttej. Rajendra
MAA was established on October 4, 1993 and Chiranjeevi was the founder president. Krishna, Nagarjuna, Mohan Babu and Nagababu held the President posts. Mohan Babu was elected for six terms as the president of MAA. The first elections were held in 2000. In 2002 Prasad and Murali Mohan have contested in which Rajendra Prasad was defeated by eight votes. The membership restriction is that one has to act in at least eight pictures.