PMJAY: Inadequate government services make it unthinkable for low-income families to afford quality healthcare. For this reason, the Prime Minister of India dispatched a government-subsidized healthcare scheme known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana in September 2018.
Indeed, the new improvements in the Union Budget 2020 expressed that among INR 69,000 crore assigned to the healthcare sector, INR 6,400 crore has been given to Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Owing to the dispatch of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, a majority of eligible families across India are still very uninformed of it. To profit from the benefits under Ayushman Bharat Yojana, it is important to understand the essentials of this scheme. And we are here to assist you with that.
- 1 What is PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- 2 Features of PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- 3 Benefits of PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- 4 Who are not Eligible for PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- 5 PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility Criteria For Rural and Urban
- 6 How to Register For PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- 7 Documents Reqirures For PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- 8 How to Check Name in the list of PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- 9 How to Download PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card
What is PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a healthcare initiative taken by the Indian Government to support the prosperity of the poor. It involves two major health initiatives, Health and Wellness Center (HWC) and Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
Under the PMJAY scheme, more than 10 crore families have been covered with health insurance of Rs. 5 Lakh. The scheme guarantees cashless treatment at public hospitals just as impaneled private hospitals. Moreover, costly medical procedures like knee replacements, coronary bypass, and others are additionally covered.
The prime advantage of the PMJAY scheme is to give financial assurance during unforeseen occasions. Also, it offers a plethora of other benefits to guarantee financial support throughout their lives.
Features of PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
As well as being a lifeline for the lower-middle-class individuals the other key features of Ayushman Bharat Yojana are as the following:
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme is a family floater scheme with an aggregate guaranteed of Rs. 5 lakh for every family enlisted
- This scheme is extraordinarily intended for individuals underneath the neediness line who do not know how to approach internet or online health plans
- PMJAY scheme works with cashless healthcare services to its beneficiary in any of the public sector hospitals and private network hospital
- Moreover, Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana likewise rewards the transportation cost incurred by the beneficiary during the pre and post-hospitalization period
- Along with medical therapy costs, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana insurance package additionally covers the day-care costs incurred by the beneficiary
- PMJAY scheme likewise covers a portion of the particular previous infections
- The installment for medical costs is to be made based on the package rate as pre-determined by the government
- Under the government-supported scheme, a kind number of health and wellness centers will be set up as per the Socio-Economic Caste Census data
Benefits of PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme ensures practically 40% of the vulnerable and poor families in India. The healthcare services and benefits that they can profit from are listed underneath:
- The treatment and healthcare offices is accessible across India and are liberated from cost
- The Ayushman Bharat Scheme offers 25 claims to fame categories and it covers a wide scope of 1,354 medical and surgical packages like neurosurgery, cardiology, and so forth
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme likewise covers post-hospitalization costs
- In instances of various medical procedures, the expense will be covered with the most elevated package. And for the second and third medical procedure, it ought to be covered half a 25% separately
- The scheme additionally takes care of the therapy expense of oncology with chemotherapy for 50 unique kinds of Cancer. However, both medical and surgical packages cannot be benefited simultaneously.
- The beneficiaries under the PMJAY scheme can likewise profit from follow-up treatment coverage
Who are not Eligible for PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The following is the list of individuals who are not qualified for benefit healthcare services under the scheme:
- Those who have mechanized farming gear.
- Who claims a two, three, or four-wheeler.
- Those who hold a Kisan card.
- Government representatives.
- Those who own a motorized fishing boat.
- Those who are earning more than Rs.10,000 each month.
- Those who are working in government-run non-rural enterprises.
- Those who own more than 5 sections of land of horticultural land.
- Those who own landline telephones or refrigerators.
- Those who live in sufficiently fabricated houses.
PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility Criteria For Rural and Urban
The scheme has been launched to cover the bottom 40% of poor and economically more fragile areas of the country. This was based on the hardship and word-related criteria of the Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 for rural and urban regions. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility is planned with pre-conditions so just the oppressed individuals of the general public advantage from the initiative.
The Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 (SECC 2011) involves the ranking of households based on their socio-economic status. The rural households are positioned based on their status of seven hardship criteria. Of these, the scheme covers all beneficiaries who fall under somewhere around one of under six hardship categories and automatically includes destitute, manual scavenger families, living through alms, primitive tribal group, bonded laborers:
- Households with just one room with Kucha dividers and rooftop.
- No grown-up part in the age group somewhere in the range of 16 and 59 years.
- No grown-up male part in the age group somewhere in the range of 16 and 59 years.
- Disabled part and no-abled bodied part in the family.
- SC and ST
- Landless households and major types of revenue are through manual easygoing labor.
Under the scheme, urban households are categorized based on occupation. The following are 11-occupational related categories of workers who are eligible for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme:
- Domestic worker
- Cobbler/Street Vendor/Hawker/Other service providers on the street.
- Plumber/Construction Worker/Mason/Painter/Labor/Welder/Security Guard/Coolie
- Sweeper/Mali/Sanitation Worker
- Artisan/Handicrafts Worker/Tailor/Home-based Worker
- Driver/Transport Worker/Conductor/Cart or Rickshaw Pullers/Helper to Drivers or Conductors
- Shop Workers/Peon in Small Establishment/Assistant/Helper/Attendant/Delivery Assistant/Waiter
- Mechanic/Electrician/Repair Worker/Assembler
How to Register For PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
The scheme was dispatched by the government of India to oblige the healthcare needs of the vulnerable areas of the populace. In keeping with the fundamental prerequisites of the scheme, it doesn’t have an enrolment process. To apply online for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme, you need to find out in case you are a beneficiary of the scheme. The following is the process to find out you are eligible for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration:
Step 1: Visit the elite website for PMJAY (https://pmjay.gov.in/) and click on the “Am I Eligible” symbol.
Step 2: Input your contact subtleties and snap on “Generate OTP”.
Step 3: Now, select your state and search by your name, versatile number, HHD number, or ration card number.
Step 4: You can see in case you are eligible for the government healthcare scheme.
Documents Reqirures For PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The following is the list of documents needed to apply for the PMJAY scheme:
- Identity and Age Proof (Aadhaar Card/PAN Card)
- Details of your versatile number, email address, and private location.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Documents stating your present family status.
How to Check Name in the list of PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana
To check if your name is in the PMJAY list 2020, you can check it through various techniques. They are:
- Common Service Center (CSC): Visit the closest CSCs or you can visit any of the impaneled hospitals to check in case you are eligible for the healthcare scheme.
- Helpline Numbers: PMJAY helpline numbers are accessible to get information about your eligibility for the scheme. You can contact 14555 or 1800-111-565.
- Online: Visit the official website of the scheme (https://www.pmjay.gov.in/) and check in case you are eligible for the scheme.
How to Download PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card
To guarantee cashless, paperless, and portable exchanges through the PNJAY scheme, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Golden Card will be given to beneficiaries. The PMJAY e-card contains all necessary information about the patient. It is mandatory to introduce this card at the hour of availing the treatment at the impaneled hospital.
To get this PMJAY Golden Card, follow the process beneath:
Step 1: Visit the PMJAY website (https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login) and sign in with your registered versatile number.
Step 2: Enter the ‘Captcha Code’ to generate the OTP.
Step 3: Opt for the HHD code.
Step 4: Provide the HHD code to the Common Service Center (CSC), where they would check the HHD code and other subtleties.
Step 5: The CSC delegates who are known as Ayushman Mitra will finish the remainder of the process.
Step 6: You should pay Rs.30 to get the Ayushman Bharat card.
More Articles: Madnews